Have you been wondering whether you should remodel now or put off a home remodeling project? Butler Homes has found the answer! Now might be the ideal time to remodel, according to many experts. Here are 4 reasons why:
- Your needs have changed
- This may be the best reason of all. Admit it, your needs have changed in the last few years: you have an expanding family (or an empty nest), and you’re using your home spaces in different ways than you could have imagined when you originally bought the house. There’s no better time than this year to use those lifestyle changes as a guide to make your home what you want – and need!
- All of the new options and ideas
- There are many new options on the market today for the products, materials and appliances in your home! With countertops, for example, you now have your pick of everything from granite, quartz or solid surfaces, and even concrete. Home lighting choices are now almost always energy efficient LED fixtures. You’ll also find that all the new “smart home” features and appliances are more affordable compared to even a few years ago.
- Low interest rates and financing options
- If you’re thinking of refinancing or using a home equity loan for your remodeling project, you can take advantage of rates that are still low. Interest rates are predicted to rise in the months ahead, so plan your remodeling now so you can lock in lower monthly payments. Many homeowners like to put home upgrade expenses on credit cards that offer them reward points (or cash back), which can be a win-win opportunity. Butler Homes also offers financing at reasonable rates to meet your needs.
- Lower maintenance costs that pay off
- Home remodeling projects that include replacing windows can make a huge difference in the cost of heating and cooling your home. You don’t have to focus exclusively on energy-specific projects, however, to see savings. For example, if you’re planning a home addition or whole-house remodel, it’s the ideal time to think about ways to incorporate new, lower maintenance materials and energy-efficient construction techniques when choosing insulation, roofing, siding, as well as new doors and windows that are properly installed and sealed. Making smart changes now can pay you back with lower energy and maintenance costs for years to come.
Are you ready to start your remodeling project? Give Butler Homes a call, so we can discuss all of the benefits a remodeling project can provide you and your home!